TGC ALIVE Family,
With the constant update and news surrounding the coronavirus, we wanted to set up a page to continue to update you on what we are doing as a church to prepare to serve our community in the days ahead.
On Tuesday, March 10th, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine's office issued the following statement regarding religious gatherings:
"Governor DeWine recommends that all religious institutions consider limiting practices that could spread germs, such as shaking hands or sharing a communal cup of wine during communion. Those in faith-based communities who are high-risk should consider staying home. Faith-based communities should also consider appropriate outreach to those who may not be able to attend regular services."
As we continue to navigate through this time together we must collectively do our part as best as we can. We encourage you to heed the advice of the CDC and US State Departments’ travel watches, alerts, and warnings, and to use common-sense precautions in daily life. A great resource is
WHAT WE ARE DOING AS A CHURCH
In order to best serve our community and love our neighbor TGC Alive has taken on these commitments:
- After much prayer and counsel from local Church leaders, government officials, and medical professionals we have decided to host our services @ 11AM online with FB-live this Sunday @ https://www.facebook.com/TGCVermilion/# (@TGCVermilion) instead of physically gathering together. This will be updated weekly as we are updated by our governing officials.
- Just to reiterate, we do not live in fear but we are called to be responsible. We believe this is what God is requiring of us during this time. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Tim 1:7
- We are committed to stay connected (via Facebook, Email & our app) and pray for all families and concerns both near and far. Although we may not be joining together we understand the Church is both physical and spiritual and our worship is never limited to a location.
- Email: email@example.com
- TGC Alive is also committed to doing all we can to maintain a clean and sanitary facility now and in the days ahead and we look forward to being together soon. (This is just a season).
HEALTHY TIPS TO TAKE TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
- Staying home if you are sick
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds -recite the Lords Prayer to time it ;)
- If water and soap are not available, clean hands using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
HOW SHOULD I RESPOND SPIRITUALLY TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)?
In addition to trusting Jesus and sharing about Jesus with others, here are some other ways you can respond to the virus:
- Remember God is in control. He is Sovereign and He cares for us.
- The church now more than ever can look to help all who are in need and be the hands and feet of Jesus. Look for opportunities to shine for Christ.
- Everyone approaches struggles and trials differently so please guard your heart and mouth from any prejudice, slander or arrogance (especially on social media). Be wise and be a LIGHT in difficult days.
- Continue to faithfully support and give to your local churches so that the ministry continues to go forth in hard times.
Finally brothers and sisters let us remain knitted together in Christ and continue to do the work of God through prayer and fellowship. God has truly blessed us with technology during this time to stay connected.
John 13:35 NIV 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”